The Student E-Resource Center provides interactive exercises to help CUNY students who are non-native speakers of English write academic papers, read academic material, edit for grammar errors, and prepare for CUNY assessment tests. The exercises are visually appealing, and accompanying tips and explanatory feedback reinforce students’ learning. Many of the exercises are also appropriate for native speakers of English.
The exercises help students:
- Improve their academic writing skills
- Identify and correct grammar errors
- Develop better reading and note-taking strategies
- Understand concepts and content taught in common introductory courses
- Prepare for the CUNY Assessment Tests and the CUNY Proficiency Examination
The exercises can be used:
- in class to explain and review concepts or practice skills
- outside class for self-study
To view a brief demonstration of select sections of the Student E-Resource Center, choose from the Demonstration Menu bellow.
To explore the Student E-Resource Center yourself, go to the launch page and enter the site as a student.